Exploring Schweitzer side and back country

My name is Matt and am newer to the Sandpoint area. Looking to meet some new people to tour with. I have been up to the big blue zone, but am looking to get out more. I just need some partners who like to have fun. I am not a big mountaineer guy but have spent a decent amount of time in the backcountry. Taken a avalanche class years ago. Always up for an adventure or just some low-angle powder skiing. Confident skiier and splitboard. Let me know if anyone wants to sync up. I have a pretty flexible schedule.

Hey guys not new to the area. Access to terrain can be difficult without snowmobile support. Luckily I have two. If you are new to the area Kootenai Pass in BC is very close with overnight Backcountry parking and a hike in cabin south of Hwy about 2 kilometers eh. Terrain can range from fun to Oh F... so be aware of yourself up there but there is usually a good skin track north and south of the Hwy. Whitewater also offers some incredible side country and Ymir peak. (They call it Cold Smoke and some how the flakes land softer and larger in this area, Plus Nelson Rocks) Back to Sandpoint area. Weather. Fog is a big issue you will fight it some days. Avalanches. They do happen around here and can be very large. I try to pick terrain that has open runout, you do not want to get swept into the tree line. IPAC is an awesome source and conduct regular and professional reports so check them. Crowds. There is next to no one out there so it is best to wait a few days after a storm for things to settle you will still have untouched powder. Hit me up if you can't find anyone to ride with. I hike blue and stop by the outback for a beer at least twice a week, otherwise I will be somewhere in the Selkirks. Or stuck at work. See you out there!!!:)

Attachments