ski info in the Cabinets

Hey all! Has anyone been into the Cabinets to ski around the rock lake/ojibway peak area? Looking to get in that area and as we all know there is not much info floating about ski objectives in the area.

We did an overnight into rock lake a few years ago mid winter… it required a snowmobile ride from the end of the plowing (five or six miles I think to the TH)… but this year could be different with this pathetic snow pack (I would love to know if you learn anything about the current situation up there). It was a magical place to camp and poke around, as far as objectives from there you are very much at the whim of the mountains and the route up to Ojibway from there is a bit of a westward solar aspect and scrappy at best. Id love to ski the east face of Rock Peak via St. Paul Pass but it would take some perfect conditions to not risk ones life on that sort of a mission, not sure if you could get the thing in good corn or not. the high point above Libby lakes could be a cool adventure in the right conditions. Most people ski Ojibway from the other side of the divide (without snow machines)… we were in there last week, it was very bleak as far as the snowpack goes so hopefully winter returns! I have heard of a route to Engle Peak from the Rock Creek drainage, but again, this snow year is making things a bit different than usual. You should also think about checking out the Dad Peak area… lots of great skiing in there.. from either TH. Let us know what you find if you get out there!