Ski/Hok touring to Stanley Hot Springs, ID - Crazy idea?

I've recently become intrigued by the idea of a ski tour to Stanley Hot Springs (when conditions permit), as I think that it could be a pretty special spot to ski out to (and possibly spend the night at) during the depths of winter. With this year's meager snowfall and upcoming storm Hok skis might be the best way to go, but during winters with more generous precipitation, I feel like there could be a storm or two when a touring setup would do well on the entire distance from the trailhead to the springs and back. The trail looks to avoid serious avalanche exposure and I just confirmed with the nearest ranger station that the trailhead is accessible by parking at a nearby gate. There is a creek crossing most of the way to the springs but I believe a crossing of it wouldn't be too difficult with appropriate care. Trailhead elevation is around 2200ft and the springs are at 3600ft, which means a tour in this area would need either a deep snowpack or a significant recent storm event for skiing to be enjoyable.

The temps of the hot springs themselves are very comfortable for bathing etc.

Has anyone here attempted to access Stanley Hot Springs on a touring setup or Hok Skis in winter? What is the gradient/terrain of the trail like in deep snow? Is my idea of it being a bucket list Inland NW ski touring destination sane?

It’s definitely on my bucket list! I’m guessing it would be quite a bit of walking both in and out right now… but the approach skis might really shine on that trail (tennis shoes and yak tracks might come in real handy though)! I know an old guy that’s skied above the hot springs around the seven lakes loop and always raved about it! Please share if you get down there and let us know how it was!