Access for touring east side of priest lake

I've been looking at the east side of Priest lake and it looks like there is some awesome terrain with what i would assume are fantastic views. If I don't have the assist of a snow mobile, but am willing to take a longer approach does anyone have any tips? Is the road on the east side of the lake plowed or accessible to vehicles in the winter typically?

We're pretty much machine access up here at Priest until late spring. The east shore road is plowed, but skiing up from the east shore road to anything good is an all day chore on logging roads...with sleds buzzing you...Most summer trail heads are 8-10 miles from E. S. road and then you get to ski up ~1500'+ to the skiing. Not enough daylight this time of year, even if you did want the trudge. Silver Valley has the most foot-accessible terrain in the winter.

Found some good spring snow around chimney rock last March. Accessed from the west side and was able to drive to the trailhead with a good 4x4 truck. Bonus if you climb too. Any earlier and you’ll be slogging a long ways without a sled.