Worth bringing my skis?

I'm going to be working for the forest service this summer out in Idaho and wanted to head a few weeks early to do some skiing. I heard it was a low snow year out there and was wondering if there will be any place to ski on the first two weeks of June I'll be driving out on rt 90 so I'm looking for stuff in that general area? I was thinking about Beartooth pass but the ski area at the top says they won't be opening due to lack of snow so I guess that whole area might not be worth going to. I was also thinking about heading up to Glacier NP looks like the road might still be closed then and was wondering how far you would have to go to get to some skiing? Also if anyone know anywhere else I'd be open to suggestions.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Cskier,
Glacier Ntl Park will be open by then I am gonna bet!! Beartooth pass I hear is super thin… Mike posted a vid from there that was just last week and a lot of rock jumping.

That said, still some stuff if you want to work for it. Depends on your idea of getting turns. Check out the TR's and you'll see several people still getting at it!!

We are posting on a separate thread about Glacier updates.. Love to have ya alone!

Guess I will bring my skis, think I'll give Beartooth a recon since its not too far out of my way; hopfully glacier will be open by then. I'll be really pissed if I find some skiiable snow and don't have my skiis.