Tower Mtn/Rocks of Sharon???

Considering toasting in the new year from the top of Tower Mtn since it's so close to home. Anyone know if there is a good route for a skin/ski? Thinking perhaps from the Stevens Creek side.

Just climbed big rock on Christmas day, had plenty for skin coverage up from the Steven's Crk access. Saw a couple guys making some turns up there same day. Up towards the summit there's some good wind loaded area's holding a few feet. Probably a foot or so deep heading up the trail and a nice skin, but choose your ride down wisely or you may be playing with ptex as well.

idsnowghost

Staff member
I hear people have been skiing it since Christmas. Look for a skin track out of Stevens Creek.

Just scored some local turns today myself, not too bad! Let us know how it is!

Just went up the hiking trail out of Stevens Creek which was super easy and a nice quick skin. Didn't see another skin track but also didn't have a lot of light/time to explore. Couple of turns at the top, but pretty much had to take the bobsled/hiking trail back down most of the way. There are a couple of neat sections that would be fun to explore, but it's still super brushy and thick down low.

Would this still be fun this weekend? Weather is getting a bit warmer in Moscow so maybe I should head north if your snow holds up.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Yeah, I wouldn't travel any distance to ski the Rocks of Sharon. It's more of a low elevation, novelty ski that's 1o-15 minutes from town.