Tours wanted

I am going to Spokane for work 12/6 - 12/18 and 1/8 - 1/20 and want to get a couple tours in but dont know where to go. Intermediate to expert skiing ability but no avy experience. I have beacon, probe and shovel.

Thanks

Eric

PowderPanda

Staff member
Eric,
Well.. We aren't sure what we will have in that first 2 weeks. Current forecasts show more precip coming in next week, so we hope that equates to mtn snow! Kind of an odd year. By Jan there should be plenty to hit.. as long as we don't get something warm then an arctic cold which happens in these areas.
That said.. when you get here and seen the weather, there will be a bit more touring info coming out. Right now everyone is anxious.. so all we can do is talk about gear! Ha
I'm sure there will be people that will won't to get out. Glad you have the basics.. If there is no snow.. Maybe check and see if there are any avy awareness classes to take.
There is one while you're here:

AIARE Avalanche Awareness
Dates: December 9 2014 7-8:30pm
Cost: Free, Registration Required
http://www.rei.com/event/43592/session/102655
Also see the bottom of Sticky Post "Local AIARE Avalanche Courses"

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey Eric! I actually teach that class for REI here in Spokane. Its free and there is plenty of space available. Come on down if you're free!
Thank you Brett!! I didn't know this… Glad I do now!!

So, we got ya hooked up with a free class while your in town Eric.. We'll try for a tour next!!