Suggestions for tours near Sandpoint?

Howdy-
my wife and I are headed up to stay in sandpoint on New Years. One day skiing inbounds at Schweitzer, one day touring. Anyone got suggestions in the area that might make for a good set of runs in the backcountry? We've just moved to the area.

Thanks all!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Howdy-
my wife and I are headed up to stay in Sandpoint on New Years. One day skiing inbounds at Schweitzer, one day touring. Anyone got suggestions in the area that might make for a good set of runs in the backcountry? We've just moved to the area.

Thanks all!
Sorry, didn't see anyone got back to you. Hope you had a good trip. Most of the stuff around the North there is long access unless you go across the border to Kootney pass. Schweitzer itself has good backcountry off Little Blue area. There is a good map in the tour reports (just search Schweitzer).
If you're already gone, reach out again next time you come up! Also, peruse the Trip Report section and you can get an idea of what people are hitting.

Cheers,
PP

Sorry, didn't see anyone got back to you. Hope you had a good trip. Most of the stuff around the North there is long access unless you go across the border to Kootney pass. Schweitzer itself has good backcountry off Little Blue area. There is a good map in the tour reports (just search Schweitzer).
If you're already gone, reach out again next time you come up! Also, peruse the Trip Report section and you can get an idea of what people are hitting.

Cheers,
PP
No sweat- thanks anyway. We got a late start and did a short tour north of Round Top, by Hope. It was okay- decent snow, brushy down low, then got some pretty good turns in up higher. Still probably not much higher than 4000'. It was fun exploring at least. Cheers, Tim