Spring touring next weekend (May 4-5)

So, haven't been out in a month...long story! Looking to get out next weekend. Wanting to do day trips, as I have a cabin in the Silver Valley, or do an overnight-er up into St Regis Basin. I am thinking St Regis will melt out earlier than normal this year so really want to get it while the getting is good. The upper basin is really good in the spring, with safer routes and lots of variety. I have explored this area well over 50+ times, and safety is always paramount! I have a tow behind sled to bring up the goods for a proper base camp, and would really like to get some sled-assist going into the basin for set-up, as it is a 3-4 mile flat slog to get to the beginning of the upper basin and the sweet LZ's. Give me a holler if you are interested, and lets get something going. Thanks :)

PowderPanda

Staff member
Shane, I'm currently in Billings MT and hope to be back Thurs. I so want to get out this wkend too.
I'll reach out I. thurs to see how things are working for me. I do have a sled. Have to see how Mikey B is doing. I want to try and so a small tour with him as well if he feels up it.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Shane... What were you thinking this weekend? With Joe's recent dive into Stevens Peak Basin.. Looks to be some good stuff. I'm curious if the stability has increased or if stuff has just sloughed out.. I would really like to climb that actual chute he did the bottom 400ft of. Mike and I have been eyeing that all year... should be good to go.. it is NW facing so, should stay pretty shielded until later in the day.. Thoughts?
Also, if we can get one other, maybe we go do an overnighter in Copper Lake area. The cornices there should be melted out in another week giving access to the chutes there..