Ski Swap Couer d Alene Sat

Went to the swap, didn't need anything just like to go. Got there about 0945 hrs and really packed. Wandered around looking at skis etc. and dawns on me that I have a pair of old (original year) S7's and that have no bindings. Found a pair of MARKER Demo bindings with the dial a boot size option. $59.00 so got them for my old S7's which will be for some friends who come up from tahoe every year and they can use these powder skis. Need brakes though.

Talked to Kim, Phil and Michelle from Lookout but didn't see anyone else I knew. Vendor show was a disappointment with not many vendors probably too much competition from Seattle and Inlander show.

While standing in a Long line to pay for bindings struck up a conversation with a couple that were from Oklahoma and moved to CDA 2 months ago and were really looking forward to skiing. We discussed Silver and Lookout, the local shops, ski area food and how to buy boots. Always fun to see someone so enthused.

Let it snow.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Nice find, Pete.

Did you notice if there was much AT gear at the swap? That's one thing our local swaps lack.. I've noticed. But hopefully something that will change in the coming seasons.

Very little that I saw in the swap and nothing in the
Vendor bldg. Last year I saw some AT bindings but not this year. Caught the wife's cold today but should be ok by Sat, see ya then.