Ski/board rack

Spent some time last week and machined up a simple set of racks for the sled.
Used black delrin/acetal wich is a nice machining plastic. We will have to see how it holds up to cold weather.
Tried to make it as simple and smooth as possible, so things would not get hung up on it.
I also wanted to use existing holes in the sled, I hate adding holes!
Here are some pics of what I made.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Board is farther toward the front than it would normally be as the wall was in the way!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Looks pretty cool!

I wonder if a single strap is enough to keep the board on over bumpy trails? Voile XXL straps are also beefy if you find out the thinner ones don't hold up well over time.

Actually the rear rack is slotted as well for a strap.
I had just gotten some xtra long straps to try out on it and did not put the rear one on.
I will look into the Voile XXL straps, thanks for the heads up on those.

PowderPanda

Staff member
BatSki… First off.. DAMN I wish I had that Shop!!!!! Organized.. even the sled on a rack!! Killing me!!!
OK.. second.. Might think about getting a snowboard strap.. extra long…, That would allow you to ratchet. You will for sure want 2 beefy straps on there…. LoL… I can attest to that.. Nice job!!!

Powder panda, the snowboard strap is a good idea, I was looking at bike rack ratchet straps but none seemed like what I was after. The snow board ones would be easy to adapt.
Thanks for the suggestions.

PowderPanda

Staff member
You could find parts on line.. especially this time of year through summer, and look for some beefy ankle straps, that would give some padding on the edges.