Sketchy Spring Skiing

Hey! I really caught the BC bug a last week and I'm itching to do something stupid and preferably photogenic. Thinking about maybe trying for the couloirs out past Big Blue towards Keoke Lake or maybe something off Scotchman's. Anybody have an input/ideas? Basically just looking to shred and shoot something in the area.

Thanks! We went out past big blue sunday and everything was pretty good snow-wise (pics and report toward the end of this rambling post: http://www.cywhitling.com/writing/2015/3/23/spring-break-update)

Might get out there again this weekend with some out of town homies, otherwise I'll definitely be up searching for stuff again soon. I really want to shoot somebody rappelling into something but so far I have just skinned a bunch of miles with a heavy rope in my pack for no reason...

Aight. So, I've got the BC bug really bad, did Mount Saint Hellen's last weekend (have a ton of pics and a trip report if anyone cares) and I'm thinking I might need to go find me some more volcanoes. Also, after May 15th I'll probably be road tripping for a few weeks trying to find any snow. Hit me if you want to go do something painful and want your picture taken doing it!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Aight. So, I've got the BC bug really bad, did Mount Saint Hellen's last weekend (have a ton of pics and a trip report if anyone cares) and I'm thinking I might need to go find me some more volcanoes. Also, after May 15th I'll probably be road tripping for a few weeks trying to find any snow. Hit me if you want to go do something painful and want your picture taken doing it!
Post up your TR! :)

I'd like to hit Mt Adams later this Spring. We should still be skiing locally after May 15th as well, dry approaches but steeps/couloir season.

Post up your TR! :)

I'd like to hit Mt Adams later this Spring. We should still be skiing locally after May 15th as well, dry approaches but steeps/couloir season.

It will go live with photos and video over on NS tomorrow I think and I'll link over here. I'm down for some dry approach suffering as soon as BD warranties my bag!

Great TR. That is a fun mountain, especially on Mother's Day when 600 people show up in dresses to honor momma.

I missed the date of the trip, when did you go?

PowderPanda

Staff member
TR from Scotchman's, no skis though. It would be one heck of a dry approach for very little skiing right now...

http://www.cywhitling.com/writing/2015/4/29/going-to-the-tippity-top-scotchmans-peak

Hopefully headed out for Adams and Hood this weekend so I'll throw TR's up when they get done, also have a video from Helen's for a student film fest if anyone cares to see

Hey Cy… Been seeing you pix on IG.. Awesome.. I REALLY liked the kyak one. Seriously looks like toys… Great work bud!!!

Thanks man, was stoked to link up with those guys, super gnarly sport. I'm working on a TR from Adams, not sure when I'm gonna post it though so here are some pictures: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7V29qR5TeggfmRRYlg1UW5TMTYtdDdmSjVWczhrUHlOVDhBVFNPajZ3Z3d2aWJNTk13ekU&usp=sharing

Adams ended up being pretty gnarly. Took us around 16-17 hours car to car (got off course/lost a few times). Touring in Full Tilts sucks, ended up skiing down with only one unbroken buckle between both boots, jimmy rigged them with NRS straps. Also found the only Crevasse on that dang mountain and one of the group fell in it so got to practice a little rescuing, along with freaking high winds the whole time. All in all a solid 7th day on skins, haha...

Bummed to hear no Beartooth pass this summer.. all the more reason to make it to Glacier?

Sketchy Spring Skiing accessed from the pass:

Ok, yeah, so where did you hear that? Is it legit? I heard it from a pretty reliable source but wasn't sure if I could believe it since no one else said anything about it... That sucks but means I'll have to use that time to do some stuff, like Glacier...

idsnowghost

Staff member
Ok, yeah, so where did you hear that? Is it legit? I heard it from a pretty reliable source but wasn't sure if I could believe it since no one else said anything about it... That sucks but means I'll have to use that time to do some stuff, like Glacier...
They posted/confirmed on Facebook this morning.