Selkirk Crest Trip this Weekend (May 31-June 2, 2013)

Hey all!

Well, it is time for my annual trip up the Pack River (just N of Sandpoint, Id), and hitting up the slopes along the Selkirk Crest; namely the Twin Peaks/ Beehive-Slide Creeks areas. I usually do this around the beginning of July, but this year, it seems the season is going quick. So, heading up Friday to car-camp off the Pack River Rd as far as I can get. The latest info. from the FS states that it is accessible to Zuna Creek (which is a couple of miles from the Beehive TH). I am hoping by now the road will have melted out at least to the Slide Creek area (just before Beehive and is the basin with both N and S Twin Pks at its' head). I will be up there till Sunday PM, and if anyone can get away, I highly suggest you come up and I will gladly lead to the promised land! From around 4000+ elevation, the peaks go up to around 7600; making for some excellent vertical! Terrain consists of the whole gambit, from trees and bowls, to gnarlier chutes and holy shit steeps. Here is the trip report I posted from last year:

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=25382.0

The weekend weather is looking promising, and I am confident the skiing will be stellar! Give me a holler if you wanna come on up and get some of this impressive terrain.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Aaaaaaaah Man Shane!!!! That sounds SICK!!! I'm screwed this weekend. Can't wait to see pix from the trip though!!!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Hope you got in some good skiing up there in the Selkirks. Would of loved to join you but my achilles can still only take a few hours of touring before it's spent.

Looking forward to seeing some pics and the TR!