Selkirk Access

Hi there!
Looking for some good places to ski in the North Idaho selkirks later this winter. Anyone have any good spots/places that aren't a huge approach? I'm assuming most of the roads in the area won't be plowed so where's the closest I can get to?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Skied the pass in British Columbia back quite a bit when my brother lived in Bonner's Ferry, because I have no sled and the easy access skiing on both sides of the highway. Pretty sure there is a printed guide running around, plus with the hut you can do overnight trips, or could back when I played there.
Other options depends on if they are logging and plowing any roads or there are some balds accessable from Hope visible from the Highway going west..

Like I said my knowledge is old school almost always room during the weekdays back then, but short drive from Bonner's Ferry. Hope you have enough snow to ride.

Thanks guys. How about N Idaho selkirks? Any non-sled access in the winter?
Your best bet is Schweitzer. You can park at the resort and hike up through the condos to south bowl ridge. Then lap west bowl or continue south to ulita. Everything out of bounds at Schweitzer is pretty good with skin tracks usually thanks to the recent uptick in popularity. Just a reminder no uphill traffic inbounds.