Rossland Range

Anyone ever tour in the Rossland Range in BC. Its only a couple hours away and they are getting snow right now. I was checking out backcountryskiingcanada.com and they have some good information about the Kootenays. Looks like good highway access mountains too.

Cheers, Ben

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey Go..
Are you referring to Kootnay pass? Just spoke to some guys in Sandpoint last night who were just up there and it was good.
If you're referring to just outside Red Mountain ski resort (Rossland BC), some good stuff right from the ski area. They put a chairlift in where I used to hike a lot years ago.

Seems BC and West Alberta Mtn's are getting some goods. Better than us for sure!!

I was checking out just north of Rossland. Mainly due to the closest access from Spokane for some BC backcountry. On that web site there is a descent little map and some trip reports that look good.

Anyone ever tour in the Rossland Range in BC. Its only a couple hours away and they are getting snow right now. I was checking out backcountryskiingcanada.com and they have some good information about the Kootenays. Looks like good highway access mountains too.

Cheers, Ben
Hey Ben,
I'd like to check the Rossland are out sometime soon. When were you thinking of going?
Sam