PanhandleBackcountry.com at the Snowlander Snow Show Nov 8th-9th

PowderPanda

Staff member
Greetings all...

On Nov 8th and 9th, PanhandleBackcountry.com will have a booth at the Snowlander Snow Show at the Spokane Convention Center!

expo-header2.jpg

We're also teaming up with IPAC (Friends of the Idaho Panhandle Avalanche Center) to present Snow Safety clinics to expo attendees.

Back at our booth we will have demos of backcountry gear: split boards with Ranger Splitboard Bindings (innovative new split bindings), ski touring gear, airbag demo's & avy transceiver demos. We will also be available to discuss the PanhandleBackcountry.com website, as well as answer any backcountry questions.

Hope to see you there!!

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/SnowlanderEXPO2013/Page

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all...

On Nov 8th and 9th, PanhandleBackcountry.com will have a booth at the Snowlander Snow Show at the Spokane Convention Center!

View attachment 159

We're also teaming up with IPAC (Friends of the Idaho Panhandle Avalanche Center) to present Snow Safety clinics to expo attendees.

Back at our booth we will have demos of backcountry gear: split boards with Ranger Splitboard Bindings (innovative new split bindings), ski touring gear, airbag demo's & avy transceiver demos. We will also be available to discuss the PanhandleBackcountry.com website, as well as answer any backcountry questions.

Hope to see you there!!

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/SnowlanderEXPO2013/Page

Count Me In! This sounds like an awesome event and maybe it'll prevent me from buying new gear ha $$ Are you guy's selling gear as well?

PowderPanda

Staff member
Chase.. We won't be selling. We aren't a retailer. Our website is geared toward bringing together other backcountry users and getting out information and resources for those users for North Idaho.
We will have gear there for people to see, from ski touring to Splitboarding.. and obviously avy gear as well as info related to avalanche and terrain.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Did we mention there will be great beer at the event too?

PowderKeg Inlander Brew Festival is the Inland Northwest's winter craft beer and cider festival. Featuring local and regional brew and cider, participants have the opportunity to sample the breweries winter beer or the Brewmaster's choice. This even runs tandem with the Snowlander Expo, together they are the kick off to the winter season!
http://www.inlander.com/spokane/SnowlanderPowderKeg2013/Page

See you there!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Coupon for $2 off entry for anyone planning on going:

coupon.jpg

(Right click and Open Image in New Window/Tab to Print)

Question for you local experts. How good are the deals on hardgoods at the MEGA SALE? Are we talking 2013/14 gear or is it all stuff that they were unable to move during spring closeouts last year? Thanks!

PowderPanda

Staff member
JasonJ.. Gonna be honest, I don't recall from last year as they just started up these shows again after along hiatus.
I'm originally from the Portland area and the show there was HUGE with super good deals on last year and current.
The list of shops is on the link for the show.. You call and see what they're doing.. Actually.. Might be a good idea to post it on here.

Whatcha lookin' for?

Question for you local experts. How good are the deals on hardgoods at the MEGA SALE? Are we talking 2013/14 gear or is it all stuff that they were unable to move during spring closeouts last year? Thanks!
Last year, mostly a year old gear. Some new stuff and certain vendors but don't remember anything that was awesome deal. There was some very good deals on lift tickets to Red and Tamarack and there was some other lodging ski deals that were pretty good but actually don't remember details. I did buy a 3 day pass for red good anytime, by anyone and saved over 50%

As powder panda said it was lst year in awhile and thinking this year will be better.

Thanks gents.

Panda - I am always looking for skis, board and binding deals. I can't imagine the splitboard selection is large considering what I have found in stock at local shops.

Pete - Discounted lift tickets and lodging packages are always a solid score.

PowderPanda

Staff member
JasonJ... Best deals on Splitty's are end of season.. If you do a google search right now you can still find a few. But going fast.. I was at Mountain Gear this weekend and saw they have last a last years Jones Carbon Split for about $560 ( somewhere around that).

Thanks Panda...I will give them a shout to check the size. Looking for a 168w in the Solution, not sold on the Jones with previous quality control issues. If the price is right though...anything is possible. I keep an eye on the prior site regularly too. Cheers!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Yeah.. I have 2 Prior splits. The Backcountry and Kyhber...Love them both. I currently have a Trapper Ursla Major on it's way. I have been really interested in the OZ Snowboards out of Colorado. Solid decks and they make them pretty custom, kinda like Prior. OZ Boards have a 3yr warranty as well. Good group of guys too...

Panda your quiver consists of many that I have been looking at. I will have to pick your brain on them when the time is right to make a more informed decision.

PowderPanda

Staff member
JasonJ... If you want to test ride... let me know!!! I also have a Burton S 165 split. My first split.. with regular camber. Still a fun board..

Panda, have had a couple inquiries on the show and what type of BC clinics are we talking about, how long and any time frame Saturday on the clinics. If you know could you post here and I will pass on info. thanks Pete

PowderPanda

Staff member
Pete... Totally forgot to post.
The Snow Safety Clinics will be held:
Friday 8th @ 7pm
Saturday 9th @ 11am and 3pm

The clinics will be quick 15-20 min by IPAC covering some basic information. We will also be demo'ing Avy Air Bags by ABS. Also, BCA will be present Saturday. Mike and I are looking at some other content for the show.

Mike and I will be talking this weekend and putting together an announcement on what to expect at the booth.

Should be a good show!!