New to Pullman and looking for GPS tracks :)

Hi all!
This is my first touring season out in the Palouse, as I have relocated here from Seattle for grad school. I have a community and know which blogs I can peruse for gpx/kml files for new areas I'd like to get into in the Cascades. There are panhandle trip reports aplenty, however, accompanying tracks for the panhandle seem harder to find!

Although my partner and I are very capable and we have our AIARE 1 and AIARE Rescue, we'd rather not familiarize ourselves with the area without having tracks to follow!

Right now I'm hoping to find more info re Lookout Pass and Freeze out. Stevens Peak is on the to-do list for this spring.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction that would be amazing!!

Thanks! Happy trails :)

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey @Blueberries4sal
I'm not sure you'll get a lot of actual GPS tracks. There's essentially only Lookout environs, West Willow, or Mt Spokane for a tourer. Only if you have a season pass at a resort, is there ease of lift accessed bc.
For instance, without a snowmobile, none of the tracks I could send you would do any good.

What @idsnowghost and I do is a lot of Google Earth and Caltopo review before we tour.

Cheers,
PP

If you haven't already found it, there is a "palouse backcountry" facebook group that is generally moscow/pullman folks. Most of the posts there are moscow mountain, freezeout, and wallowas. Freezeout is a great option if you're willing to do the approach (it's actually not that bad). I'm not sure how to attach a gpx file here, but if you provide an email, I can send you a recent track on freezeout.