new guy needs current beta

There is a 1" crust below 5500' higher up avy danger increases due to layers with Nov warm-up. You can buy a one ride ticket to get to the backside and St. Regis basin or hike around it's about 1.5 miles.
The crust and avy issues are why I'm sitting at home, but keep it low angle and you should find some fun.

PowderPanda

Staff member
for lookout Pass touring this week.
Hey Erik, Glad to see you here.
Here is a quick GoogleEarth of the area. Basically follow that road up along the ridge. I'd suggest not going past the pin I placed. Past that gets into much more sever terrain. The pin I dropped gives a super nice run to the St Regis valley floor. You won't miss the snowmobile tracks to get out, just go left (NorthEast) at the bottom.The top trees are a little thicker, but several big open areas are below.
Although the ticket you bought is one ride.. they don't check left tickets on the back chairlift, so switch over when you get to the bottom run and then ride up to the lift. Waaay easier than taking the 1 mile death march out on the sled raod back to the parking lot.
Note, do not drop NW, that drainage takes you to Mullan. Unless you have another car to drop off. It will also be a bit of a trek out with less than optimal riding.

Again, Anything further down.. albeit super sick and I've ridden it, without knowledge of the area and the snow pack, I'd not chance for you guys. The avy video I posted on FB is just about .5 miles from the drop pin on this pic.

Cheers

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg