Lookout closed, lift served wrapping up

idsnowghost

Staff member
Not sure what the official policy is for hiking post season (we've not been bothered in the past), but lift served skiing is done at Lookout. From the webcam and looking at it from nearby peaks there still appears to be decent coverage if you're adept enough to avoid dirt/trees/rocks here and there.

Silver wraps their season up on Sunday. Looks like we're down to Schweitzer until April 5th, then it's all leg powered.

Guess if we want easy ups it's down to Lost Trail or North into BC. Laps in the Backcountry are going to be short and high up around here. Going up to Silver on Sunday for the last blast. Hopefully they are open.

Anyone been up to Lookout lately? I heard they were booting off hikers? Any feedback is appreciated.

My guess is they can only boot people off as long as their permit is active/in effect since they are on USFS land?
They might have a year a round permit though...

1 don't park in their lot park lower, hike up and around going up Lucky Friday or Hoot Owl cross the top and head over to chair 3. Do not ski the front until you are done for your last run. Look blankly at them then and tell them you thought you were on public land.
Option 2 drive in the lower lot and go as far as you can towards chair 3, then hike the rest and ski.
Hiking up from the parking lot just winds Phil up.

Option 3 go to Lost Trail and enjoy lifts and the skiesta party tomorrow.

Any other options? I bought the girl a split and wanted to go somewhere mello as she has no avy experience. Any help is appreciated.

There is Thompson Pass you'll get the hike in and while the scree slopes are thin there might be something to ride up by the lake. At least you'd have the easy hike in on the road with gear to work out kinks in gear. About 1 mile in or up Burke, its just a thin sad year.

Wait for Glacier to open the pass, or go.to Whitefish and do the early hike up.

Anyone been out today? Or planning on going tuesday? Thinking of trying lookout tuesday. Any intel appreciated. Anyone heard if the road up mt spokane is open? Still trying to take out my girlfriend and make it to wotk;)

idsnowghost

Staff member
Anyone been out today? Or planning on going tuesday? Thinking of trying lookout tuesday. Any intel appreciated. Anyone heard if the road up mt spokane is open? Still trying to take out my girlfriend and make it to wotk;)
There's no base up at Mt Spokane, unless you were talking about skinning/riding on the summit road (still would probably hit bottom on the way down) Snotel shows only 5" new.