Looking for partner(s) for Lookout Pass area tour this weekend

A little last minute, but I'm looking to head out a couple of day tours near Lookout this weekend and would welcome some company. I'm coming from Spokane, let me know if you have any interest.

Nick, a friend and I are planning to tour the lookout area tomorrow and are also coming from Spokane. We would also welcome the company. We don't have much knowledge of the area so tomorrow was going to be sort of a recon mission.

Nick, a friend and I are planning to tour the lookout area tomorrow and are also coming from Spokane. We would also welcome the company. We don't have much knowledge of the area so tomorrow was going to be sort of a recon mission.
Just got this, I'm game for exploring too and have some ideas. E-mail nick.wiarda@gmail.com and let's arrange!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Did you guys end up getting out last weekend? Curious as to the conditions in St. Regis!! New systems coming in.. looks promising to fill in the needed snow!

Hey PowderPanda, Sorry so late but we did head out that way. We skinned from the lot and headed for the top of the ridge as quickly as we could. We made it a couple miles in, did a quick lap in 8-12" of fluffy snow, then headed back down to ski/skin out. Snow was amazing until a few hundred feet above the creek where it got a bit more crusty. I'm thinking everything that I just typed may be bordering irrelevant after the last system!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey Nick.. Tough to say.. I'm wondering about anything on the North and NW facing slopes with no sun may not be too affected. At least I am hoping. Currently trying to decide what the plan of attack will be for this weekend.
I have a thought.. but it is a sketchy chute that I've been wanting to hit during winter conditions.

Keep us updated on conditions if you get out this week PowderPanda. I'm itching to get another tour in soon, but not super motivated if the snow gets baked all week.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Brandon,
Something to consider.. The snow will probably get baked. But if you are riding on a clean slate, you follow the sun. Let it soften up a bit and ride the cream!

So there is two ways to ride possibly this weekend, snow that gets softened by the sun or if the N-N/E-N/W aspects stay cold.