LNT Damnit!

So, did a little trip up to East Willow on Sunday, the 24th. Near the top of the ridge someone (actually more than one) decided it was OK to go off the skin track less than 10 feet and poop a big ol' doo-doo right next to the skin track.
On top of that, they left their brown ass paper on top of the snow so it could blow around!
And multiple pee spots in the middle of where folks could possibly want to ski. NEWS FLASH: It is OK to burn TP when there is deep snow on the ground...you're not going to start a fire. It is also OK to go a little further off the trail and poop or piss next to a tree trunk so someone won't ski through your shit and piss after it is covered by a little snow and they can't see it. OK...rant over.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Thanks for posting, thats disgusting and disappointing to hear about.

I myself was recently disappointed to see all the beer cans in the snow at transition points on the Bluff last time I skied it. The snow fairy or your mother isn't going to clean up after you. Please LEAVE NO TRACE.

You mean big, tough, back county skiers couldn't haul those little bitty aluminum cans out by themselves? Or was it motorized users?
Either way...they are slobs and probably are big wimps. They should stay out of the mountains.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Oh Damn @Schenk That's ef'ed up. As with @idsnowghost , no that was at the South Hill location so you're pretty damn close to your car.
Not sure who these people are, but they need to be called out. If I can haul my gear out... anyone can!

Thanks for the message Schenk!

Evidently none of you are in the woods in the summer, dispersed campsites are just disgusting nowadays, miss the old days.

Teledance... You should get out more, and go deeper into the hills. There are still clean, untrammeled spots to be found, but shitting next to a skin track is super offensive.
Yah, I agree though, there are more slobs in the BC now-a-days. It is very sad and sometimes I wish for the old days too...

LOL I needed that, I've worked for the FS and now the BLM, I've been places most people will never see on a daily basis and people's ethics have definitely gone downhill. I'm one of those who gets off the skintrack to make yellow snow and it goes in a pole plant hole, yes it gets old seeing how lazy/tactless some can be.

Dog crap is bad enough, but really? Can't we blame it on a snow biker or snomobiler?:mad:
Since everybody above just ripped the "new-slobs" to the back country, I can't help but point out that this site makes it easy for everyone, even the knuckleheads to find the stashes. In the "real" old days there were just a few of us out there and the outdoor ethics were certainly better than today. More people, more problems...of course I'm called an isolationist by my friends, so... Clearly none of us would assist these folks if we actually knew them to be like this...just sayin' (at the risk of being banned);~)

PowderPanda

Staff member
@Tiny World, indeed we are in a new era for North Idaho touring. I think here it is good to bring such issues to light. We can hope that whomever took the poop is a member, reads this.. and learns.
The other other positive is if someone from here sees or knows the person doing this, they'll apply some peer pressure to encourage change.

Hope you're doing well!! I can imagine your seasons been dope... has been down in the Silver Valley!

Cheers!

Hey PP, glad your winter went well! I actually had to head to SV to get some of the goods out of Burke a couple of days as the storm track was splitting us a bit. Why ski 4" when I can get 10" sort of thing...
Peer pressure would be good for these trail poopers for sure, or a ski pole up the ...
Enjoy the corn cycle we are getting my friend, and watch where you step! ;~)

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey PP, glad your winter went well! I actually had to head to SV to get some of the goods out of Burke a couple of days as the storm track was splitting us a bit. Why ski 4" when I can get 10" sort of thing...
Peer pressure would be good for these trail poopers for sure, or a ski pole up the ...
Enjoy the corn cycle we are getting my friend, and watch where you step! ;~)
TW!!!
Ah Heck... why didn't ya tell me!! Would have been great to hook up with the old guard of SV!!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Sorry PP, my bad...last minute decisions...
Still snow in the mountains though...
Ha.. No worries!!! Yah, we have snow for a bit. Although these temps sure have been warmer than they need to be.
Did resort yesterday and it was super fun... did resort today and it was nasty rain all the way up. :(