Feb. 10 Sunny day Ski to...?

With the nice high pressure system rolling in and producing some nice sunny days, I was hoping to get out and tour on Wednesday. I am fairly unfamiliar with places to go around here and have no sled. I am hoping to find someone that wants to do a longer objective ski that day, climb something? Ideas are most welcome! If you want, call or text me, 206-313-4531.

I am a confident skier in all terrain and steepness. Avy savvy, former Rainier guide, and patroller at Silver.

Brett G.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey Brett, hope you found someone. Maybe grab Dr. Go, Sundog, or Kpow sometime. Those guys are mad climbers!
There are few really getting at it as well. Days are getting longer making for some excellent touring conditions.. Now for the weather to cooperate!

You looking to climb something technical Brett or you talkin' about skiing mass vert? There's numerous shady north facing walls in the 'Kirks that offer some pretty exciting mixed terrian.. either have to get on them soon while there's still a bit of ice or wait a bit longer for the snow to consolidate for some "AI" type routes. Beehive dome had a pretty sweet 1100' route early season, lower section was 300' of clean WI3-4 the rest 50-60 degree alpine ice. Most of the worthwhile technical summits and couloirs are a pretty hefty approach though and need a snowmobile to access unfortunately. I have tools/pons and everything, would love to join anytime if I can escape work..