Black Diamond / Pieps Jet Force

OK back to the airbags again, was just about to purchase Mammut RAS when I noticed that Jetforce is available for ordering in the UK. The bags look bloody awful, not sure how much room in the Pieps 24 looks small but for travelling to USA they would be a lot less hassle.

So I'm curious on peoples opinions towards them, biggest downside for me is that the system is not removable or no base as per ABS. I like the ability to be able to fire it multiple times but bit of a bugger if your in the field and a system malfunction! With RAS or ABS it's basic technology little or nothing to go wrong.

Peoples thoughts before I hit the buy button!!

Cheers,

Steve

Larry,

If I get Mammut do you have a dive shop /paintball place nearby??? Or even a friendly fire department and I will order adapters for refilling.

Hi Larry,

Seems to be some great advantages with the Jet Pack (multiple deployments and air travel). Looking at the 28l Black Diamond there is no board carry! but there is on the Pieps 24l. I think the biggest disadvantage to me is that the airbag is not removable, so for slackcountry a 24l would be ideal but if in the future I plan on doing a hut trip I need to buy a bigger version! Think BD have missed a trick here and maybe as this is the first year of production best to avoid until they have refined the system. I really like ABS, BCA and Mammutt as they can be configured and used off season as day pack etc.

Thinking I'm still leaning towards Mammut relatively easy now to refill with system 2, larger bags are no more than the price of a good quality backpack (would be ABS but multiple destinations in the states on a trip would be very interesting trying to source canisters).

The other option is the new Scott system, again Wildsnow has a review on this. Still uses canisters though but Scott state they are compliant for air travel but you cannot empty them so back to the fun and games in the states. And yet again no board carry, i'm starting to feel discriminated against!!