Backcountry skiing near Sandpoint

Hi all
I'm moving to Sandpoint this season and I was doing a little scouting for some lines but I couldn't find anything on OnX any places you guys suggest to check out?

Hi all
I'm moving to Sandpoint this season and I was doing a little scouting for some lines but I couldn't find anything on OnX any places you guys suggest to check out?
Hey Chase, welcome to the Panhandle. In terms of resources, your best bet are the trip reports here/talking to people on the forum. Part of the appeal (or detriment to some weirdos) of the skiing around here is basically making your own way. There are some known quantities, but some of the best skiing can be found just by looking at FatMaps/Topos and pursuing terrain of interest.

Schweitzer has some decent side country riding to start. A lot of lines in the Idaho Selkirks can be access dependent, meaning if you have a sled, they are a lot easier to get to. The Cabinets and Scotchman Peak area are a good start to look into as well. Kootenay Pass across the border in Canada does have a lot of mapping done online and easily accessible by foot.