Backcountry on saturday

I was just thinking the low angle slope right next to the north side of the road. If the snow is real fresh inbounds at lookout is also a possibility. Have to see what the advisory is sat morning

PowderPanda

Staff member
The terrain right behind Lookout, before the big stuff is good. Thinned out logging has created a safer snow sliding area through the trees and drops ya back at bottom of MT chair (a little bit of a ski traverse to skiers left).

Yeah going to start in bounds tom on a friend's ultracraft. Then try the new solution later in the morning if anyone is intrested

PowderPanda

Staff member
Yeah going to start in bounds tom on a friend's ultracraft. Then try the new solution later in the morning if anyone is intrested
Hey David.. How was it? I rode resort with friends on Sat. Ended up sleeping in Sunday after having the wk in mountains! LoL

I rode in bounds for the first couple of hours testing out a jones ultracraft and solution. There was strong winds that picked up around noon but I did manage to get one run in on the south facing slope across the freeway from lookout. I defiantly noticed cross wind loaded sadels as i made my way up. The ridge lines were firm and wind whipped. Digging in the snow there was a pretty substantial crust about 6 inches down. Stayed under 30 degrees and ripped down on a new Jones solution... insane fast board