Avy Conditions to get Worse (From Panhandle Avalanche Center)

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey guys, KDog (Kevin Davis from Panhandle Avalanche Center) just emailed me the below (He was having difficulty posting). Please be aware. look at the pix from Selkirk Slayer at Schwietzer Mtn Reort, which was on skier pack area.

I wanted to just say that warm temps and no overnight freeze is going to, ruin our pack, but increase the avalanche danger and possible lead to some climax avalanches, to the ground. Bummer… Thanks dude.

Let's be safe out there!!

"lead to some climax avalanches, to the ground
The potential will be there only until the snow melts completely, hahahaha
4 feet at 6000' won't last long in these temperatures. Let's hope February turns things around.
The fish and farmers need more snow...not to mention us skiers and boarders!

"lead to some climax avalanches, to the ground The potential will be there only until the snow melts completely, hahahaha
4 feet at 6000' won't last long in these temperatures. Let's hope February turns things around.
The fish and farmers need more snow...not to mention us skiers and boarders!
]
I am wondering if I need to take my mountain bike in for a tune-up already . . .

Pretty pathetic out there. Did a tour up at sherman's pass this weekend and it was pretty depressing. Chopstick log crossings and pinball rock skiing. Locals rumor mill saying that Mount Spokane might not reopen until Saturday, chair four closed until more snow. Its going fast.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Pretty pathetic out there. Did a tour up at sherman's pass this weekend and it was pretty depressing. Chopstick log crossings and pinball rock skiing. Locals rumor mill saying that Mount Spokane might not reopen until Saturday, chair four closed until more snow. Its going fast.
So.. Randy, just put a "Like" on this because ya gave us info.. Not because of the closure! :-(

Coworker told me the same rumor today, but her info came from her S.O. who is a patroller. I was up there Saturday and it was bony. But not as bony as 49N was yesterday, I doubt if they'll even make the weekend...

Toured up at the Kan today and it's basically a hard reset up there. Dirt on three, dirt and bear grass on top of b-29. I have a hut trip into the wallowas on February 20 that I'm worried about. I know that feb typically brings the love, but we have a lot of ground to make up.

PowderPanda

Staff member
EpicPow: "I have a bunch of beer in the fridge that needs to be had . . . Bonfire in Panda's driveway!!!"

The bigger fire we make in his driveway, the more it'll snow right???
Gentleman.. As admin of this forum, I am going to have to "Warn" you of your language and actions!!! Bwahahahaaa…

If you did that in my driveway… Two sleds would be engulfed.. No One Wants that!!!! RIIIIIIGHT!!!!

EpicPow: "I have a bunch of beer in the fridge that needs to be had . . . Bonfire in Panda's driveway!!!"

The bigger fire we make in his driveway, the more it'll snow right???
Gentleman.. As admin of this forum, I am going to have to "Warn" you of your language and actions!!! Bwahahahaaa…

If you did that in my driveway… Two sleds would be engulfed.. No One Wants that!!!! RIIIIIIGHT!!!!
Don't worry we can move them to my driveway and I will "watch" them for you . . . I will be sure to gas them up after I am done too . . .