AT/Splitboard Race?

Hey I'm new to the forum but Nice Job on the lay out! Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has done or knows of any fun AT and/or Splitboard races in this general area? They're probably at a resort but I thought it'd be a lot of fun to set up one in the backcountry. . Real safe area for of course! They can be a fun way of getting some avid powder hounds together:)

PowderPanda

Staff member
Chase... As a matter of fact... Mike and I are working on something. Not sure we're going to do a race, but a Split/tour event.. We have a name and a tentative date right now for March 14th, 15th & 16th 2014 (week before the Mt. Baker Splitfest).
Stay tuned for more on this in coming weeks... Hopefully something by end of November determined.

That said, Mt Bachelor has the Dirksen Derby Dec 13th, 14th & 15th. Which has a Mt. Baker Slalom type course and a separate Splitboard event.

Also.. Let us know how to get ya some stickers... Or show up at the Snowlander Show Nov 8th & 9th. We will have a booth there.

https://www.facebook.com/dirksen.derby?fref=ts

http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/services_activities/activities/events/dirksen_derby

PowderPanda

Staff member
ChiliHyena… Hm, didn't know they had such a thing there.. But I usually don't travel up there just since there isn't much bc terrain as other areas, unless you know of some?!!! ;-)

PowderPanda

Staff member
ChiliHyena… A 148 Spliff? That's pretty short? But I'm not familiar with Burton. I have a buddy who is under the Burton"golden umbrella" and just was sent a new LandLord 159. I'm told they are very nice boards..

ChiliHyena… Hm, didn't know they had such a thing there.. But I usually don't travel up there just since there isn't much bc terrain as other areas, unless you know of some?!!! ;-)
Nopes, it's a fun event if you're demoing something. The 49 area is definately worth passing on your way to Sherman.

ChiliHyena… A 148 Spliff? That's pretty short? But I'm not familiar with Burton. I have a buddy who is under the Burton"golden umbrella" and just was sent a new LandLord 159. I'm told they are very nice boards..
I stand under a similar, if not "giving" umbrella and Burton is incredible. The "nug raduction" thing is real, and it's incredible. It also doesn't hurt that I'm 5'6", 140. But really, Burton is on fire and they're making fantastic designs that I would pay retail (after the season is over) prices for. Best designs from what I've demo'd.

PowderPanda

Staff member
I've been riding Prior for the last 3 years… Love my Khyber. Have a Trapper Ursla Major being sent to me hopefully next week or so.. we'll see..
Always good to have those Nug's!!! ;-)