Priest Lake touring beta?

My wife and I will be at Hill's March 4th for a wedding. We will be staying the night and thought we should try to ski on 5th. I've spent little time around Priest and none of that has been in the snow. Are there any places to get out for a tour? I'm guessing a lot of it is snowmobile access, which we don't have, but we could rent one if that is the only way to get some skiing in.
Thanks in advance for the help!

You're going to need a snomo, or just XC around the lake shore. S. Baldy, Phoebe Tip, Mollies or Round Top via Pass Ck Pass off the top of my head.

idsnowghost

Staff member
I think anything up Priest is at least 5 miles on logging roads this time of year. Bring beer+rope and hope for a tow at the staging areas?

Goblin Knob (almost a ski resort in the 80's) looks possible from the Eastside road.

You're going to need a snomo, or just XC around the lake shore. S. Baldy, Phoebe Tip, Mollies or Round Top via Pass Ck Pass off the top of my head.
Thanks for the options teledance. Hoping to get somewhere on the Eastside but approaches are long and not sure where sleds can reduce that.

I think anything up Priest is at least 5 miles on logging roads this time of year. Bring beer+rope and hope for a tow at the staging areas?

Goblin Knob (almost a ski resort in the 80's) looks possible from the Eastside road.
Thanks! I was just looking at Goblin on google earth. Looks like one of the "closer" higher elevation peaks. I also recall someone posting a TR about the area and will search it out. Hunt would be rad but definitely looks like a sled, if possible from the west side, would be necessary. Sundance also looks closer but maybe too low of elevation and not sure about access.

Check to see if anyone is logging up there this winter. Two years ago, one of the logging roads near the Hunt Lake trailhead was plowed to nearly 5000 feet.

Thanks for the options teledance. Hoping to get somewhere on the Eastside but approaches are long and not sure where sleds can reduce that.

Thanks! I was just looking at Goblin on google earth. Looks like one of the "closer" higher elevation peaks. I also recall someone posting a TR about the area and will search it out. Hunt would be rad but definitely looks like a sled, if possible from the west side, would be necessary. Sundance also looks closer but maybe too low of elevation and not sure about access.
Goblin knob, while doable without a sled, might be a crapshoot. The snowbikers have discovered it and are treating it dirty...ask me how I know . Very cool zone though, and stunning views. Didn't see any signs of active logging up hunt creek.

Soooo many great options on the east side if you've got access to a sled.