Palouse partners?

Do we have any posters here that live in Moscow/Pullman area? I moved here this June, and after some googling this seems to be the forum that I'd have best shot at finding people to ride with.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Do we have any posters here that live in Moscow/Pullman area? I moved here this June, and after some googling this seems to be the forum that I'd have best shot at finding people to ride with.
Wordbird,
Welcome to the site and to North Idaho!!!
Yes there are a few.. Unfortunately you're limited to the terrain there and most work there way here for good weekend access. Check out Tonda Lark at the Backcountry Lark store. He's a good guy and is into the scene down there! Also, MountainManiacID on this site (Max Wood) who is down there!

As always, when the season gets going and you are looking to come out in the Northern part.. get on here. Pretty much always someone going out!

Cheers

Sounds like there are definitely a few people around. I think I'll definitely be going up North on a few weekends so I'll check out this site for that. I would also like to go south to Wallowa's a few times this winter/spring as well the local favorite Freezeout ridge so local partners would be preferable for those trips. Am I missing any big locations that are within 2 hour drive? Anyway I really hope it snows enough for my backyard mountain(Moscow) to be dawn patrolable, but I know that's a long shot, I'm not sure how much snow it gets. If it happens I could get a lot of days in this season.

I'll definitely send MountainManiac a pm once we get closer to the season.

Sounds like there are definitely a few people around. I think I'll definitely be going up North on a few weekends so I'll check out this site for that. I would also like to go south to Wallowa's a few times this winter/spring as well the local favorite Freezeout ridge so local partners would be preferable for those trips. Am I missing any big locations that are within 2 hour drive? Anyway I really hope it snows enough for my backyard mountain(Moscow) to be dawn patrolable, but I know that's a long shot, I'm not sure how much snow it gets. If it happens I could get a lot of days in this season.

I'll definitely send MountainManiac a pm once we get closer to the season.

I'm originally from Moscow, moved to Driggs for this winter but I'll be back up a little probably. Most winters Moscow Mountain is skiable to some extent, just depends on how bad of a snow year you all end up with, the terrain up there is not inspiring but it works if you're desperate. There is also Freezout, I've never skied there but I know a lot of locals do. Here's the local BC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/275828409119482/

As far as stuff within two hours, I don't really know of much, 3 will get you up north or down to the Wallowas, 5 will get you to Washington and Oregon if you want some volcanoes in your life...

Good luck!