Just Another Post......

PowderPanda

Staff member
About the SILVER MOUNTAIN BACKCOUNTRY WEEKEND Feb 10th & 11th!!!! :p

Seriously folks, this is a great opportunity for novices to advanced to come learn, grow and have some fun!!!

Now, to brag a little, this is just the 3rd year it has been in place... but we on PanhandleBackcountry.com have a rep to uphold. Over the last two races all but a few of the top finishers of the Uphill/Downhill are members of this site!!! It would be great to see a large showing of support from members as well as competitors.. additionally, it will be a great meet & greet of members to gather in one place!!!

If by chance you can't get on the hill for the events or to compete, you can show up on Saturday 10th @ 6pm at the Radio Brewery for a Transition Race. This will include separate divisions for skiers and splitboarders!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to IDSnowGhost or myself!!

I look forward to meeting some new members!!

http://www.silvermt.com/Winter/Events/Backcountry-Weekend

https://www.facebook.com/events/522009341515297/

IMG_1063.jpg

Last edited:
Fun to watch to, especially since I won't wear a helmet to compete, but did enjoy the show last season.
Is there a tele division for the skin race? I've got years of racing for powder and can rip skins with the best.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Fun to watch to, especially since I won't wear a helmet to compete, but did enjoy the show last season.
Is there a tele division for the skin race? I've got years of racing for powder and can rip skins with the best.
Tele, chat with Willy! You may be able to talk him into it! Also.. wear a mountaineering helmet. Super lightweight and won't ruin your hair so much!! LOL

Who will be defending his Splitboard Championship.. and beat many for he skiers.. Makes me so proud.. sniff sniff!
Ha.. Splitboard power!
Unfortunately, I will be out of town and unable to defend my 1st Place Splitboard title and 3rd Place Overall position ;-) . I wish I could be there. Hopefully the event will be well attended and all modes of travel will be represented well.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town and unable to defend my 1st Place Splitboard title and 3rd Place Overall position ;-) . I wish I could be there. Hopefully the event will be well attended and all modes of travel will be represented well.
that makes me sad k.pow won't be there to slay the competition! That leaves a huge opportunity for another splitter to really step it up. Let's hope for awesome conditions again, a big turnout, and dare I say...some crazy rando speed racers ready to hammer the uphill and Jerry the down.

Unfortunately, I am also gonna be out of town this weekend. Someone else will have to lock down the “pretty ok middle of the pack division” for me.

Stoked to see this growing like it is. Thanks for helping get it together/getting the word out. Sorry I’m missing it!