Housing opportunity

Discussion in 'General' started by Balto, Aug 10, 2017.

1. I don't get much use of my place in Sandpoint and so I'd like to rent it out. I have a yurt on Grouse Creek, in the Selle Valley about 15 minutes north of town. It's dry (no plumbing), gas range, solar pv for lights, charging, etc., heated primarily with a wood stove. Outhouse in back. Comfortably furnished. There's also a garage/shop building.
    The ideal arrangement would provide a very affordable rent in return for light care taking duties and my occasional use. I would want a minimum 6 month lease. I would also consider work trade for projects at the place.
    I'm hoping I can find the right person thru PBC or word of mouth, and I'm not advertising this, at least not yet.
    Please contact me if interested or pass this along to your hardy, self-reliant friends.
    Thanks all, Mark
    PowderPanda likes this.
  2. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

I'll be sure to pass along Mark. This would be great for base area excursions.
  3. With some work and luck, Balto the snowcat could be available for BC access!
    idsnowghost likes this.
  4. cd1013

cd1013

Mark, Are you looking for a full time tenant for the 6 months? cd1013
  5. Yes, as long as we can work out some arrangement for my occasional use. 6 months or longer lease/agreement. Are you considering? Happy to talk on the phone. Mark
  6. cd1013

cd1013

I would be if it's the Yurt I'm thinking of. Is the Wood Stove big enough to keep the Yurt warm during work hours?
    cd1013
  7. Yes, if you know how to manage a stove. I may be willing to upgrade to improve the situation. I just use a propane tank heater to take the chill off.
  8. cd1013

cd1013

Yes. I'm familiar with wood stoves. It was my primary heating source in my home in Cd'A for over 10 years. When would be a good time to have a phone conversation?
  9. Tonight after 6:00 pm. I'll pm my phone number.
  10. cd1013

cd1013

Ok, I'm a newbie to this site and hope I can find the PM.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Welcome aboard the site cd1013!

Hope this arrangement works out for you both!!